Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Walking your way to weight loss

Walking has contributed a lot on my weight loss. Ever since I starting saving money for gas, I decided to walk as much as I could. The grocery is a mile away from my home. Instead of filling up my refrigerator with loads of food, I just walk everyday to that grocery back and fort to buy the food Im in the mood to eat. The good thing about it is that the food that I buy is 100% fresh and that is a real advantage for me. I also noticed that the more you walk, the more you decide to pick healthy foods in the grocery. I don't how it happens but I guess its an automatic program.

I remember my cousin who stood on my weighing scale a few weeks ago. He was 180 lbs back then. 2 weeks later, he came back to my house, stood on the weighing scale and found out that he was 199 lbs! I asked him how he got that heavy in a span of 2 weeks. He told me that he didn't have any control of what he eats. He is a burger fan like me. He even told me that he is too lazy for exercise. Anyway, I told him to walk often and limit his food intake. He can bring his back pack with him loaded with some books. I remember that the heavier you are, the more weight you'll lose that is why I suggested the back pack.

If in case he can't resist that juicy burger, he can schedule it once a week. I'll even join him if I crave for it. 2 weeks later I invited my cousin to come over to my place and stood on my weighing scale surprised to see that he lost 5 lbs. He told me that he did follow my advice. Instead of using his car to school, he just walked. He ate meals moderately. His school is around 2 miles from his home. He even saved a lot of money for gas as a bonus. He decided to continue the program but I don't know if he'll be committed to going down to 170 lbs. Its up to him I guess.