Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Deciding to lose weight

Weight loss is more of a serious decision. Once you decide, you'll do it. Its not some sort of activity that you're going to do in a few days or weeks. You have to decide what to eat often. Don't worry about skipping junk foods cause you can have them at least once a week if you are on a program. If you're not on the program anymore, you can go ahead and eat them everyday. You also have to decide how many times you're gonna work out and do cardio within a week. I decided to go weight lifting first before cardio to look leaner.

Weight loss is more of a lifestyle change. It all starts with a decision. When I made that option to lose weight, I decided to lose it the way I want it to. I told myself that I don't want to skip alcohol, weekend buffets, ice cream, and a bag of potato chips. I do have a lot of temptation surrounding me because my business is a convenience store surrounded by sodas, beers, canned goods, and many tempting foods like chocolates. My brother takes home boxes of pizza thrice a week. I asked myself how am I going to survive it. So I did some research online on how I can do it. Most websites suggest that I should get rid of those foods. Other websites suggest that I should eat 6 small meals a day to succeed in my program. I can't do that. In case Im in a hurry to lose weight, I'll strictly follow it. Although, Im not in a hurry. I was even tempted to buy some weight loss pills but then I decided to do it the normal way because diet pills won't improve your metabolism. So how can I resist that lifestyle? I did make plans on my own. I wanted to lose weight no matter how long it will take as long as I can go back to my old eating habits without gaining weight. Yes, it is possible but the consequence there is you have to exercise a lot and eat a balanced meal. I decided to move a lot, go on a jogging program to strenghten my metabolism(since I eat a lot). At first it was a task then it just suddenly became an addiction. I also went weight lifting to burn more sugars and fats. I was afraid to do weight lifting at first because I thought it will make me grow bigger until I realize that its harder to gain weight (muscle weight) than to lose weight. I filled my kitchen with good foods like oatmeal, whole grain cereals, low fat milk, chicken, vegetables, and gallons of water. Whenever I feel like going on a snack, I go with an apple, grapes, and oranges. If I crave for soda, I go with the diet soda or just water. Because of that, I noticed that I don't crave for pizzas anymore eventhough its in front of me. In 5 months time, I noticed a big change in me.

Now Im on my weight maintenance program eating whatever I want and still sticking to the calorie amount I need to follow within a day. If I feel that I have enough food in me, I go jogging. To inspire some of my friends and relatives, I ate a box of pizza in front of them last night at my grandpas party without even worrying that I'll gain weight. For now, Im happy with the weight maintenace. In a few months time, I'll decide to go for a six pack abs which is a little bit harder than losing weight. Decision is the best motivation on losing weight. Its not about looking good or becoming healthy. Its more of believing in yourself.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Digg!

Bookmark and Share

Retweet this post
Twit this