Monday, July 27, 2009

Sprinting for fat tummy loss

Around 8 months ago, I decided to lose some weight. What I did was bought myself an elliptical trainer. I used it for about 2 months cause I feel kinda shy exercising in front of people in my home. I can't keep it in my room cause it consumes space. Although it helped me lose some weight. A neighbor told me that there is a jogging path near our home that is why I decided not to use the elliptical trainer for awhile. I went to that place my neighbor told me and found out that it would be a good location to lose some pounds. There are a lot of people who jog there that is why doing cardio on my part is not gonna be boring. I jogged there for about 5 months, 30-45 minutes a day, 3-5 times a week. I noticed that I shrinked a lot. Somehow, I wasn't satisfied with the result. The result seems to look like a big pear turning into a small pear.

I decided to gain weight after that so I increased my calorie intake and hitted the gym. 3 months after I noticed that my body is starting to become a little bit of proportional. My arms became a little bit bigger and my tummy shrinked about an inch. Maybe its because the muscles I build burned the additional calories. Anyway, I feel a little bit impatient sometime. I can't get rid of junk foods and booze. Although I consume them moderately like once or twice a week. Whenever I eat and drink them, I do have concerns that flatenning my tummy is just an illusion. I did some research on the weight loss/gain guide blogs that I subscribed to. Most of them suggest that in order for me to lose this tummy fat, I have to go sprinting. Other tips suggest things like swimming, raquetball, rowing, and uphill running. I decided to go for sprinting. The only fear that I have is that I might lose this muscles I build in my arms. The articles I read suggest that I shouldn't worry about it. They say sprinters are muscle built people while runners look sick. I just remember last week that I did a little HIIT cardio training. When I was on the sprinting part, I felt some heat circulating my stomach which I hope is a sign of fat burning in the area. When I was doing jogging a few months ago, I noticed that the burning effect starts with the face, chest, arms, and tummy in an orderly manner. If I did what I was doing in the past few months, I'll probably look like someone who looks sick so I'll be trying the consistent sprinting instead alternate it with walking in case I get tired. Im just gonna make sure that I'll be eating right most of the time and continue my weight lifting.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

Digg!

Bookmark and Share

RETWEET THIS POST
Twit this